The role of the Member Development Manager is to ensure that the regional representatives across the MED team have the knowledge, insight and tools to ensure a high new member close rate. The role will require a combination of sales savvy, tenacity and finesse to identify, profile and drive the process for new member development. Succeeding in this role will reduce administrative time and less productive member development activities of the regional reps, enabling the most productive member prospecting efforts.
- Identify high-potential member prospects in all regions and apply insight and instinct to profile each member for outreach, prospect dialog and closing new members.
- Leverage both internal data bases and other sources of agency lists to create a high-potential prospect list.
- Profile prospective members using contacts, online tools (LinkedIn, trade press, prospect website, etc) and insight to identify prospect needs, leadership contacts and potential 4A’s value prop.
- Be responsible for and ensure that follow up takes place for all new member prospects that are captured through the 4A’s website.
- Support the MED team and work with MarCom to create a standardized and templatized prospecting system that includes outreach emails, updated sales presentation materials as well as other marketing support materials.
- Keep tabs on award shows, listing of largest, fastest growing, and “agencies to watch” in trades and identify high potential prospects for outreach and follow up.
- Works in partnership with the incubator member manager to ensure the highest rate of transition from incubator member to full member.
- Become expert in current and planned (Salesforce) database and CRM tools/platforms to support member development team and ensure optimal leverage of technology and content.
Member Community Leadership
- Support MED regional reps in executing council meetings to gain understanding of the regional agency communities and identify ways to grow membership within each council area.
- Identify 4A’s content and programming that will be of value to prospective members.
3+ years of advertising industry experience, preferably in account management, business development or media sales. Flexible remote work is available, but regular visits to NY HQ to collaborate with all practice areas is required. Comfortable and experienced with technology essential. Salesforce experience highly desirable. Good understanding of the advertising industry and agency important. Able to work seamlessly with team in remote locations essential. Department leader is based in Chicago though will visit HQ regularly. Strong team player, able to collaborate well with others regardless of distance. Highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities with strong administrative skills. Able to work independently. Comfortable making decisions. Capable administrator who can assume a wide range of responsibilities and effectively execute multi‑faceted projects. Comfortable interfacing with senior-level members and prospects. Limited travel required.