Advertising Week, the world’s largest annual gathering of marketing, media and technology leaders, held the world’s first marketing accelerator based on the principles of Quantum Marketing, a next-generation theory of marketing developed by Mastercard Global CMO Raja Rajammanar held at Advertising Week New York.
Eight startups in the martech and ecommerce space – chosen from thousands of global entries – attended the accelerator and learned how to accelerate their business growth, scale and manage investment. Each startup received mentoring from a group of senior industry figures including Rajamannar, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for these startups to network with the brightest lights in business today.
The AW Accelerate mentors in New York included Andrea Sullivan, Chief Marketing Officer, VaynerMedia; Andrew Bolton, Chief Customer Officer, Knotch; Valentin Fernandez, VP, Bain Capital, Chris Gee, US Head of Digital, Edelman, Veronica Bertran, Chief Client Officer, McCann and many more. Each brought a different perspective on growth, marketing and technology to help the startups solve their growth challenges.
The accelerator program was built around three core areas to benefit the startups. The first is education, where the startups learned about the principles of Quantum Marketing from the people who work for the world’s most famous and innovative brands. Second was access to a group of executives that the startups would never otherwise achieve so early in their business lifecycle. And third is dedicated mentoring from the executives attending the accelerator.
The startups chosen for the accelerator include an invite-only community for influencers, a word-of-mouth marketing platform, an augmented reality solution and a data simplification product among others. Each startup represents an area of marketing that Rajamannar has identified as important for the future, whether data, automation or augmented reality.
Rooting the program in marketing principles was key to helping startups achieve growth, says Ruth Mortimer, managing director at Advertising Week.
She adds: “We know that 90% of start-ups fail and lack of marketing expertise is a major reason. Our accelerator will train startups in vital Quantum Marketing principles with industry leaders from the world’s most successful businesses. This unique experience will ensure these startups are the successful 10% that will flourish long term.”
AW Accelerate: Quantum Marketing took place at AWNewYork on Wednesday, October 20th.
The eight startups that took part in AW Accelerate: Quantum Marketing:
- CatapultX (https://www.catapultx.com/) – On Stream Video Monetization
- Wizer (https://www.getwizer.com/) – Adaptive Consumer Insights Platform
- SocialLadder (https://socialladderapp.com/) – Brand Ambassador Solution
- ar (https://geenee.ar/) – Web AR Experiences to Drive Engagement
- Get Greenlight (https://www.getgreenlight.com/) – Community for growth focused influencers and creators
- Contxtful (https://www.contxtful.com/en) – The Measure of Moments
- VisuWall (https://visuwall.com/) – Eye level Media
- Neufluence (https://app.neufluence.com/) – Influencer Marketing, Recalibrated
Executive mentors and participants in AW Accelerate: Quantum Marketing:
- Raja Rajamannar, CMO, Mastercard
- Torsten Kolind, CEO, YouNoodle
- Steve Lubin, Partner, Caspian Hill Group
- Lance Pillersdorf, Co-Founder, President, Advertising Week/Stillwell Partners
- Andrew Bolton, Chief Customer Officer, Knotch
- Pranav Yadav, CEO, Neuro-Insight
- Valentin Fernandez, VP, Bain Capital
- Frank Weil, CEO at Harrison Benjamin Ventures
- Andrea Sullivan, Chief Marketing Officer, VaynerMedia
- Babs Rangaiah, Former Senior Vice President, Media, On-Air & Analytics, ViacomCBS, currently at Columbia University
- Chris Gee, US Corporate Head of Digital, Edelman
- Boris Fridman, Managing Director, Madison Alley Global Ventures
- Amy Heidersbach, CMO, Persado
- Stacey Feder, CMO, Hudson Yards / The Related Companies
To learn more or attend Advertising Week New York, please go to: http://newyork.advertisingweek.com