By Torrey Tayenaka, co-founder and CEO at Sparkhouse
Global online video views are at an all-time high and rising 100% every year. The widespread accessibility of high-speed internet allows users to watch live and on-demand videos more than ever before.
Prominent search engines, such as Google and YouTube, prioritize optimized video content when determining page rankings. Video is the most effective way for your business to reach the largest groups of your online target audience.
Revealing statistics demonstrate the impact of online video:
- Close to two billion people log on to YouTube to watch videos, which is roughly one-third of all internet users. (YouTube)
- Videos on social media are shared 1200 percent more than posts featuring text or pictures. (G2 Crowd)
- 78% of people online watch videos on a weekly basis, with 55% of them watching videos daily. (HubSpot)
Types of Marketing Videos
Video is a versatile medium that can be used for a wide variety of digital marketing purposes and applications.
Comprehensive video marketing campaigns use different types of videos on various platforms to achieve specific marketing goals and objectives:
Historically, television and radio commercials put businesses in front of a mass audience. That changed as online video content became mainstream, allowing marketers to use digital platforms to deliver branded messaging to existing and potential customers.
- Ads on Streaming Services: Commercials are still valuable for advertising on both national and local levels. Streaming services and other alternative platforms that offer commercial ad space draw in customers and increase sales.
- Brand Awareness: Videos increase your online presence and brand awareness. Company and corporate videos are an incredibly effective way to introduce your business and the services you provide to new customers.
- Funny Videos: Humor is a universal way to get consumers’ attention and compel them to act. Videos are far more likely to be shared if they are funny, expanding your reach exponentially.
Product-specific videos are an excellent way to showcase your brand. Videos can educate consumers by highlighting the solutions they will find using your products and services.
- Product Demo Video: Video allows you to visually demonstrate why your product is better than the competition’s, and how to maximize functions and features.
- Lifestyle Video: Being able to see your products or services in real-life situations lets you relate to your customers. Lifestyle videos connect emotionally with consumers and help build trust in your brand.
- Testimonial Videos: When customers, clients, or employees share their experiences regarding your brand, it gives credibility to your message.
Educational videos allow you to showcase how to make the most of your product or service by detailing the functions, features, and applications. Educational videos present your brand as a trusted industry leader and a valuable resource to existing and potential customers.
- Explainer Video: Short videos with a streamlined purpose explain specific aspects of your product or service. Explainer videos can easily be distributed through a variety of platforms and marketing initiatives.
- How-To Video: Online users continually look to YouTube and similar platforms for how-to videos. Video allows you to break down complex concepts and mechanisms into segmented, digestible parts.
- Webinar: Live-streamed and on-demand webinars are even more popular now that social distancing and remote working have become commonplace. Webinars allow you to deliver your message instantly around the world.
Increase Website Exposure, Page Views
Videos help drive interested consumers to your website and improve important site analytics, such as conversion and bounce rates. Marketing videos are a powerful way to generate website traffic, which can substantially increase revenue and profits.
- PPC Ads: Pay-per-click (PPC) ads are prominently placed on search engines and popular websites. A budget is set and you are only charged when a user clicks on your marketing video.
- Social Media Videos: Paid advertising on social media allows you to tap into massive online communities and target large groups of consumers. You can choose to market to specific demographics such as age, location, and purchasing habits.
- Viral Videos: There are no set rules or guidelines to make a video go viral. Content that captures the attention of users exponentially increases your product and brand’s visibility.
Choosing the Right Marketing Videos To Grow Your Brand
Video is an essential component of any comprehensive marketing plan. Marketing videos generate interest, engage consumers, and compel them to visit your website and make a purchase or schedule a service call.
Torrey Tayenaka is the co-founder and CEO at Sparkhouse, an Orange County-based video production agency. He is often asked to contribute expertise in publications like Entrepreneur, Single Grain and Forbes. Sparkhouse is known for transforming video marketing and advertising into real conversations. Rather than hitting the consumer over the head with blatant ads, Sparkhouse creates interesting, entertaining and useful videos that enrich the lives of his client’s customers. In addition to Sparkhouse, Torrey has also founded the companies Eva Smart Shower, Litehouse & Forge54.